Hair Transplant Post Surgery Tips
Hair transplant is a process and it is important to get all the parts right from start to finish for a great result, that’s why after completing the surgery a patient must follow the instructions given by the doctors.
After a surgery, some patients might experience discomfort, some minor swelling or some pain and soreness of scalp but prescribed painkillers can help in that condition. Hence, this is all temporary and any swelling or bruising around your hairline will go away after a few days. It is recommended for a patient to take at least 3-4 days off from office or work after Hair Transplant surgery so that bruising and swelling can be subsided. After two days the bandage of Hair Transplant surgery, will be removed then after if you feel tightness or itchy you need not to worry, it easy.
Care after Hair Transplant surgery:
- After getting Hair Transplant surgery, never drive a bike until doctor permit you. It is important that you should be accompanied by someone.
- When you reach home after the surgery, sleep in a semi-upright position and use a couple of soft pillows to elevate your head for the first three days after the surgery.
- Do not consume alcohol at least for one month after surgery and the same time frame is applied if are a smoker because alcohol and Smoking can interrupt blood flow to the hair follicles which is vital during Hair Transplant surgery. It can also be a good opportunity to give up smoking.
- You will be prescribed a special lotion which contains growth factor and has to be applied according to the doctor’s instruction.
- You can apply shampoo to your hair after a couple of days from the surgery to get all the dead skin removed. Most importantly, to get rid of scabs those get formed around the grafted hairs.
- If there is swelling or bleeding during the first week, a patient should use an ice pack but it must be placed on the forehead or at the back of the head. Meanwhile, never go directly onto the grafted area.
- After a surgery, physical activities are prohibited for two weeks and try not lean forward or blow your nose with force.
- Cover your head at all times for the first three months and avoid sun exposure, therefore wear a comfortable Hat whenever you have to go outside.
- The possibility of pain, bleeding or infection is always there and in that case contact to the doctor immediately.
We usually go for dissolvable stitches but just in case we have put non-dissolvable stitches, these stitches will be taken out after two weeks of the Hair Transplant surgery.
At Radiance Cosmedic Center, we provide a full discloser of all information so the patient can make an informed decision.