Differences between FUT & FUE Hair Transplant
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) are two unique and innovative hair restoration techniques that help to graft hair follicles onto the patchy head areas without any prominent scar. Both hair transplants technique is the permanent hair fall treatment solutions. However, if a patient needs to maximize the grafts then FUE & FUT should be done simultaneously under the care of an expert hair transplant surgeon.
FUE & FUT both combine together for producing more grafts up to 5/6 thousand while still concealing any scalp scar is a Hybrid procedure. This procedure can be performed on the same day in a single surgical setting that includes removal of hair from the donor areas and insertion in the recipient area.
Know the differences between FUT and FUE Hair Transplant
FUT Hair Transplant:
- Healing completely within one-week
- The Donor area not shaved; suture completely is hidden.
- Strip excision of donor skin with suturing with trichophytic closure
- Heals completely, hidden under hairs
- Quickest- 4 hours for 2000 grafts
- More precise because of microscopic dissection
- Large setup is required
- Large sessions possible
- Less expensive
- Minimal damage to grafts
- Operation site over donor hidden completely even on the day of surgery
- 80% of world’s transplants are done with this method
- Plastic surgeon with trained technicians are required for this process
FUE Hair Transplant
- Healing completely within 10 days
- The Donor area completely shaved, dots are visible.
- Extraction of individual units one by one through small punch holes; each alternate hair unit is removed.
- Heals with multiple tiny dots like scar in between hairs
- Slower- 7 hours for 2000 grafts
- Can be performed in one room.
- Less precise as units are manually pulled out blindly
- Large sessions difficult-so suitable for small and medium bald areas
- Double expensive because of the prolonged procedure
- Higher damage to grafts
- Operation site shaven and hence visible
- 20% of transplants are done with this method, suitable for small areas
- Any doctor can perform this procedure
FUE & FUT methods are recommended for those who are
If a person suffering heavy hair loss due and have plenty of area for hair transplantation and five or six thousand grafts needed to be put. Patients may take as much as grafts possible.
If she/he is willing to wear hair at least half an inch long and plans to continue the same.
Tolerating or having visible stitches at the back scalp for about a month until the new hair grows to conceal the fewer scars.
If we talk about the benefits of getting FUE & FUT hair transplant surgery is that a wide hair loss area can be restored with hair units in a single surgery. Someone, who expresses their interest in FUE & FUT hair transplant surgery, must have good health and dense hair donor area to provide the number of grafts required during the FUE & FUT hair transplant procedure. It may take a day long to complete this procedure, whereas the aftercare remains the same for a patient. No major complications or blood loss or scar risks are associated with FUE & FUT hair transplant procedure.
If we talk about the best surgeon for hair transplant in Delhi, Dr. Mayank Singh is a renowned hair transplant surgeon who offers FUT method in Delhi and FUT method in Delhi services with a dedicated team of hair transplant specialists. An in- person consultation with Dr. Mayank Singh is necessary to determine if you are the right candidate for this Hybrid hair transplant procedure in Delhi.