Hair Transplant Pre Surgery Tips
Whenever you plan to get the hair transplant, it would be very important to get everything right because you are investing time and money. Therefore, pre surgery tips are mandatory to prepare yourself physically as well as mentally before Hair Transplant Surgery.
Here are the pre surgery tips which are most imperative for a successful Hair Transplant Surgery:
- Before Hair Transplant surgery, some blood tests because it is mandatory which will be required from doctor’s side.
- If you are taking any blood thinners inform the doctor because it can represent a contraindication to the surgery.
- Don’t get a haircut at least for two weeks of your hair transplant procedure and leave your hair for one & half inch length to cover the sutures/staples after your surgery.
- Never take “B”and“E” vitamins at least for one week of time before your Hair transplant surgery because due to these Vitamins bleeding can increase at the time of surgery. For taking these vitamins again, get it confirmed from the doctor after your Hair Transplant surgery.
- Never take Aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medications for one week prior to the Hair Transplant procedure. At Radiance Cosmedic Center, we provide a list of medication to avoid before Hair Transplant surgery.
- A patient can take prescribed heart medication and blood pressure medication right up to, and include, the day of Hair Transplant procedure.
- For a regular smoker of cigarette, they must refrain from Smoking because of smoking cause restriction of blood vessels and decreased blood flow to the scalp. Cigarette smoke decreases the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood and this could lead to poor wound healing after a hair transplant and can increase possible wound infection and scarring.
- Don’t drink any alcoholic beverages for two weeks prior to your procedure because it can cause impediment during the Hair Transplant surgery and it would also delay the healing process.
- Coffee or any caffeinated beverages are prohibited on that day you are getting the Hair Transplant procedure done because caffeine has properties that can increase bleeding and sensitivity to medications which will be given to you during the Hair Transplant procedure.
- At the time of surgery, it is necessary to bring along a friend or family member because sometimes a patient might feel a little drowsy and tired.
- At Radiance Cosmedic Center, we provide a full discloser of all information so the patient can make an informed decision.